07-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #56
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
If you're on standard M Sport dampers then they will not be the reason for the lack of drop.

I've heard of Koni FSD's raising the ride height on the e46 but that was due (I suspect) to different spring perch design/height which effectively gives the height an additional few mm.

Your M sport dampers are (I imagine) the same as everyone else's and so would not be responsible for lack of drop.

All other things being equal (perch location, thickness of rubber pad, position of spring on perch) the springs dictate the height, nothing else - shocks don't hold the weight of the car - without the spring to support the weight the shock just compresses, therefore the shock can't be 'keeping' the car higher if you know what I mean.

You said new bumpstops were installed, on the front can you see if the car is or is not basically 'sitting' on the bumpstops? i.e. can you see any of the shock piston itself or are you seeing bumpstop from top to bottom?

Also, can you read the part number off the actual front spring? I remember when I had my M3 a guy on the forum received the wrong springs in his box direct from eibach - each spring has a part number (its different to the part numbers listed above which is the number for a SET of springs) and you can check on the website that you have the correct springs in the box to make up that particular set.
Thanks so much for your time and help!

In regards to the bumpstop I dont think it's been changed however I'll check!

Also I'll check the springs as soon as possible.

Appreciate it!
Appreciate 0