01-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #9
bmbarclay
Current M3 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Boston View Post
Clearly you are a liar and not a Apple Genius. So if you could please get off my thread.

A phone with a bad ESN# yes could be stolen, or reported lost.... But that is only if the current ESN is in use. A phone with a bad ESN could have several reasons why it has been blacklisted. You would have known this if you was a Genius. But seems like you possibly jumped the gun on wikipedia.
Whether you believe me or not is not of large importance to me. Why does this phone have a bad ESN? You are correct that a bad ESN doesn't always mean a phone has been lost or stolen, however, in most situations, that is the case. Most phones that come in and are confiscated are bad ESN phones that have been reported lost or stolen. We refuse phones that have been opened by an unauthorized service or an individual. The ESN number is individual to each phone, so its always in use. If someone buys your phone and it has been marked for a bad ESN for the reasons we discussed, you will have a huge problem on your hands, and moreover a very unhappy customer. BUYERS BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Seller, GLWS. I hope that you don't get in trouble with this situation.