11-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #12
nafoo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Boosted Bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPSI View Post
that makes no sense. you should be in the 11s with your mods and DR`s.

What wheels are you using and what tires?
Apex Arc 8 with 275/40/17 Toyo Proxes TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by smi1gj View Post
auto or manual trans?
MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupertinosteve View Post
@nafoo - what tires are you running? What tire pressure are you using on that setup (you may be running too high)?

Since you're a 6MT, you may want to go to a nice, "isolated" parking lot and practice your smokeys. You should be able to get a decent burnout without a linelock kit.
275/40/17 Toyo Proxes TQ at 18psi

I'm just really bad at burning out. Definitely need to practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeenon53 View Post
Are you having a lot of wheel spin or bogging down off the line? You don't need a line lock kit just yet.
Lots of wheel spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
Are you still spinning with DR because of lack of heat in the tire? Or are you bogging at the line?

You can cut a better 60 foot on street tires, so maybe DR isn't for you at this stage.

Line lock kits are nice, but really you just need to drop the clutch with some high rev's in the water box and as soon as the tires slip apply some brakes to keep you there. If your back end starts getting swirly and trying to turn you put the clutch in and stay on the brakes (while counter steering).

Some tracks tend to keep you straighter then others while doing a burn out, most people fear doing a burn out and needing to counter steer to keep the car straight.
Thanks for the tips. I know I have a lot of practicing to do. Mainly, making use of my DRs because my "burnout" is really just a second or two long...lol
Appreciate 0