United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meet View Post
how did you get them to cover it under warrenty? they were even accusing me of brake stands and that the rotors were blue, but when i went back they magicaly dissapeared. so what are we supposed to do just sit back and wait?
I had about 21K miles on my car at the time and iDrive was saying that I had another 10K miles to go. But when they checked the brakes (since I had complained about the squeaking), they found that the brake pads were actually worn below BMW specs and the brake pad sensor was rubbing against the rotors, causing wear on the rotor. So, they had to replace the pads, sensors, and rotors.

Now I have 25k miles and the squeaking is back. The only thing I've noticed is that this seems to more common for people who do a lot of city (stop and go) type driving.
Appreciate 0