Comfortably Numb
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 x1/'13 X3/'06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdy330 View Post
When I bought my CPO last year one week later I had this exact same thing happen to me. Wonder how they did their inspection since a week later transmission fluid was all over my garage. They fixed it under warranty but did not use all new fluid. I was a little upset that they reused what they drained and topped it off with new fluid. Not sure how they can say what they drained did not get contaminated. They said this is how BMW says to do it.

So it has been almost a year and I have no issues. I had 42k on the car when my leaked.
I had taken mine into the dealer (approx 160 mile round trip) for a rear window issue. They had to order the rear window which took a week to come in. My car sat for a week in my garage without being driven. Backed out of the garage for the return trip to the dealer to have the rear window replaced and found a puddle of oil on the floor. No indications or drops of oil prior.

I always try to ask the dealer prior to them starting any work to explain in detail to what they are performing.That way if I disagree or feel that they should repair in a way that satisfies me.
I will offer to pay for the extras, such as all new fluid in this case, to satisfy my mind that the repair was done to my expectations.
Appreciate 0