11-16-2011, 01:42 AM   #60
DimSum
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
I see what your saying. I was just initially going off of your post where you said that this could all be done with the manifold in place. I have seen used manifolds on Ebay. Around $400 or so. Plus labor for new pipe it is almost the same cost as headers.

I thought this would be a cheaper process if it could stay on and I read the thread about the race team that chose to delete cats over supersprint headers. I have no problem removing the cats myself with my friends or father and having someone weld up pipes. Should save a few bucks like that.

Question is, with the manifold off will the muffler shop be able to weld in pipes that keep the same overall length and replicate the angle of the pipe so that it bolts into the exhaust under the car?
Hence why I said it is easier for you to do it when the headers are still installed on the car. But of course with welding so close to the engine you will need to be careful. Getting under the car will allow for more room to work with. Just remember to remove the under panel.
Appreciate 0