View Single Post
      08-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #16
adz2k11
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaheed1 View Post
lol. No - I'm not. I manage my own businesses and anything remotely to do with financial bollox - I pass on to my accountants. I know plenty of people who do similar jobs - 3 of my good friends have worked for Goldman Sachs. I fall asleep when they start chatting in their global trade language.

The Stock market is a massive betting shop. That's the way I look at it. For anyone outside of the 4 walls of, say, a private equity firm, it's all a blind guess when it comes to buying stocks/shares/bonds. Yes, we can study, review, read, see, hear, watch the market all day - but it's all dictated by what comes from someone's mouth - whether it's true or utter horse shit.

It can be excited though - I must admit that. But so too is backing a horse and watching it finish first.

yup the technical side of things is abit boring if i say so myself, although all of what i've said is common sense..

yup thats all true, and the problem is people panic and buy on momentum rather than fundamentals.. in the words of mr buffet, the stockmarket is simply a transfer of wealth from the impatient to the patient
Appreciate 0