03-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkdoc View Post
I got my 08 Step 335 coupe dinan flashed a few days ago at Dinan-Campbell here in the South Bay. Pretty much every review has been right on- decreased throttle sensitivity, more engine drone at cruise, and an overall smoothness that was lacking at stock levels. Instead of boring you with all that, heres the performance differences.

The SSTT was a nice little bump in power over stock that was trouble free. Part throttle response was improved and power in all gears was evident right away and more with further adaptation. Even the jerkiness at take off was less prominent with the turbo tuner. I added the BMC air filter and the car felt even better. On a 100 octane mix with our crappola 91 octane, I reeled off a 4.66 0-60, 10.9 0-100 and 13.09 at 109.4mph on my g-tech pro in sub 50 degree temps at a soft 1100 rpm launch and 1/4 tank of gas. Not bad.

Why upgrade the SSTT to Dinan? Simple. I would always have to fill up with 100 octane at my local 76 to really feel the turbo tuner come alive, torque and powerwise. It started to be pretty bank for me even tho fricken 91 here is almost 4 bucks. I also wanted more low and midrange torque that the Dinan dyno curves have been showing and a little more from 5-6k rpms.

Now to the Dinan: adaptation was pretty quick with a few wot pulls. Prior to the flash, I filled up with a full tank of 91 and stock air filter to see how that compared on the butt dyno to the SSTT with 100/91 mix. The torque from 3k to 6k is amazing and very addicting. This car now has a very linear power burst up the rev band. Highway pulls are more fuller from 4k to 6k and just ramps up without a let down. I cant wait to fill up on 100 octane next week and hopefully make some real passes at Infineon with a couple buddies- wish I could run at Sac tho. So for fun, last night I did a couple g-tech runs in 54 degree night. 0-60 in 4.39 0-100 in 10.2 and 1/4 mile---12.90 at 111.8mph just flooring it from a dead stop with no wheelspin. Then I turned around and immediately ran again but with a 1500 rpm launch. I got 4.61 and 13.05 at 109 with major chirpage of the tires. Maybe heat soak, definitely felt slower the second time. This was with the bmc filter on btw.

All in all, I am happy with the Dinan flash and am waiting for stage 2 since the power does drop after 6k. Both the sstt and dinan are great upgrades over stock. Different strokes for different folks..
Nice review, good to see some numbers. Dinan is making a killing off these flashes.