headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine335TT View Post
The BJ Penn - Frankie Edgar fight was depressing to watch especially as a huge Penn fan. Frankie's fighting style seems to counter BJ's perfectly though. I'll give him credit where due, but man is he going to be a BORING champion to watch. I don't intend on ordering PPV when he fights Maynard. Simply a points fighter if you ask me (perfect example would be Rashad Evans). I like to see fights finished. It will be interesting to see what's in store for BJ. Retirement maybe? Regardless, he needs a new corner that's for sure. They had no idea what to tell him other than "F this little c!cksucker". He should have been trying to take the fight to the ground the whole time, but something tells me BJ is stubborn and likes to always look for the knockout. Same type of fight the second time around.

Another dissapointing one was Florian vs Maynard. Florian looked just as bad as BJ looked in both fights against Edgar. First time I've seen Florian put on a not-so-entertaining performance.

If this is where the lightweight division is going with this new generation of fighters, I can't say I'm going to be looking forward to it. Where's the excitement? It will be interesting to see if this affects ratings.

Toney/Couture and Diaz/Davis made the night for me.
Of course it was depressing to watch if you were cheering for BJ the whole time, cause he had no chance. (I have said many times that I am a big fan of BJ, so Im not tryin to bash him.) I hardly think it was a boring fight though! It makes it difficult to hit someone when they are moving as much as Edgar was, again this is where wrestling comes into play. The boxers are gonna stand there and mythotically punch, while edgar moves and moves to create angles. And even if BJ did try to take it to the ground, you saw what happened when he got his one and only takedown... it took Edgar like 15 seconds to reverse him.

If you are expecting to see a KO or submission every time the fight starts you should just go watch re runs of the first 10 UFC's or head out to the back alley to watch a street fight. Of course they are exciting to see, but these guys are getting better and better raising the bar for every person that thinks they can become a threat. Im not really tryin to bash anyone, I just think we are getting past the days where everyone just goes out swingin for the fence. I agree that there are some boring fights, but seeing fights end in a decision isnt always a bad thing.

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
19" Gunmetal Forgestar F14's / H & R Sport Springs / OEM Aero Lip & Rear Bumper / RD-V2 Angel Eyes / AFE CAI / BMS PBX
Appreciate 0