View Single Post
      05-17-2007, 09:19 PM   #1
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

BMWNA did an exhaustive search on my car and DME(and messed up the wiring!)

My car was in the shop for 7 weeks with a bad fuel pump... early on, they told me they had a rep from BMWNA requesting to come to "check it out", they also told me that this was unnusual that BMWNA would get involved.

I wonder what they were looking for? As most of you know, I have never had anything that would go in the ECU... I think they were looking for things that would show signs of my failed fuel pump... my dealer did not mention there reason for "scanning" my car so exhaustively, and of course didnt give me any trouble... my dealer is great, top notch, they take good care of me...

Funny thing is, that the BMWNA rep pulled out the DME to run tests on it, and then when they hooked it back up, they did something wrong, and delayed me getting my car when the pump actually did come in, because my dealer didnt know that the BMWNA rep hooked it back up wrong, and after they replaced the fuel pump, it still wouldnt start... so they had to hook a bunch of stuff up, and trace the problem down to what they said was that the DME harness was loose... all this was listed on my service record.

All in all I am not worried, they basically said that they used my car to try and diagnose the fuel pump issues...

And hey, I got some FREE STUFF!! : http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62173

Just a word of warning to all your PROcede/Xede people... BMWNA is watching... be careful what traces you leave behind I am glad that I never messed around inside my ECU compartment... I had no worries.

Last edited by RiXst3r; 05-18-2007 at 09:06 PM..
Appreciate 0