Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Hey guys,
Someone just opened their door and hit the back side (right before the door) on my coupe. The dent is the size of a quater and it's right on the crease. Paint is completely off.

Anyway, my question is, will it be difficult to pull the dent when it is on a crease or will most shops just fill it in. Furthermore, my car is a mineral white. Will it difficult to just paint match that spot? Can you guys give me an estimate on how much a good shop will charge me.

Thanks in adv.
Ouch. Right on the crease and took the paint right off? That wonderful person (hope it's not a loved one) must have kicked their door with all their might at your car.

My first instinct is to always look for paintless dent removal shops and see what they have to say. I don't have any current contacts, but I have seen some people who mix paint in small batches, custom match, and feather in touchups for problems like this. It's hard to guarantee results but I have seen some truly amazing work. About 10 years ago I got some nasty damage to the C-pillar of my E39 from a ceiling-mounted firehose cabinet in a parking garage that backed into because I didn't see it over my shoulder or in my mirrors. "PDR guy" and "scratch guy" did an amazing job.

If it's not a lot of paint missing, there's always Dr. Colorchip too. I've had great success with it in the colours I've tried. I don't know if the system works as well for all colours.
Appreciate 0