View Single Post
      05-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol102001 View Post
I had the EXACT thing happen to me last month; except, mine was on the driver door and it was before the mirror, but still on the crease. It happened at Walmart and so I didn't find out who did it. I was worried about my paint matching, so I went to a car dealership body shop. They wanted to fill it (which I wasn't very fond of) and they quoted me $580. I set up an appointment. Once I started talking to people, I started hearing horror stories about his place. I then went to the best body shop around here (recommended by many people) and they quoted me $520. My insurance premium was $500, so I would pay out of pocket. He said he would take my door apart, pop the dent out (not pull it out, like you want), and repaint. The wait was 3 weeks; so, I thought if he has a 3 week wait, then it must be worth it. I got it back last week and I thought for sure I would be able to see something, considering I have Black Sapphire Metallic. I was mistaken. I couldn't see a thing. Trust me, I looked for a good 5 mins.

Just find the best body shop around and you'll be happy.

Thanks so much for the feedback. I wasn't looking fwd to them filling it in but didn't know it was an option to take the dent out like you described on a crease. There is a really good body shop around here so will get a quote fm em.

It's funny, cuz right when it happened, I was like these kind of things happen in 3s and sure enuff next day something on the highway came flying, hit my mirror housing. Thank God it was covered by 3m film and just left some blue marks. But later that evening I curbed my wheel while parking (totally my fault cuz I was looking at my txt msgs while doing it). Nway I hope I'm done with this string of bad luck.
Appreciate 0