08-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #28
djpez2001
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-323i View Post
I know this is old, but just wanted to say BIG THANKS for posting this!!

I installed an aftermarket HU a few weeks back, and my installer just assumed the 'constant' power going into the harness was a true constant. Until today, my deck has been losing it's memory / settings every time I got in the car due to a lack of a true constant.

Finally went back to my installer with this image. He was skeptical as his voltmeter showed power to the constant he was currently using (he didn't want to wait 30 minutes after lockdown to test). I urged him to change it to piggy back off the image above, and now it works like a charm!!

My installer is really good at what he does, but I guess we can't expect them to know everything about all the different types of cars they work on. Lesson learned: do your research, and inform the installer of the intricacies of your car!

Thanks again!!! I love this forum!
Thank you, this post just saved me alot of headaches. The pin mention on the Dynavin instructions and elsewhere in this forum, does not have a true 12 volt constant power, at least for my car it does not. But the location I found on this thread nailed it. Thank you guys.
Appreciate 0