10-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #6
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
It looks a cracking bit of kit for the money. It really shows other manufacturers up when they have to ask more than double the price for the same spec.

I got a Galaxy S5 a few months ago and I'm happy with it. I'm not looking to move on.

Even with its bargain price, just like the excellent Nexus devices, you'll not see many people with one.

It does seem that the vast majority of people want a "free" phone and are happy paying extortionate amounts per month.

I'm reading comments about people paying £65 per month to get a "free" iPhone 6+.

That is £1560 for their two year contract!!!!!!

Sadly too many people will be happier financing a top end phone that finding £250 up front to buy a One plus One , then a sim only deal for £12-15 per month.
Very true. Well described the free phone culture which is false economy.

I always buy my phones so I can change when I like and keep a sim only deal for £11.

Works out better in all aspects.

Going back to one plus one, I kept my eye on it before launch. Could not order one on launch as so many people are after it.
And since they do not sell it on the stores, and you require invitations which means you will have to work hard.

Anyway after 24 hours of chatting, working on their forum, I have managed to get invitation. Ordered 64GB for £269 + 10 Shipping + 2 cases.
So nearly £299 for most powerful android phone with two cases.