Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Since we're discussing PP and natural vs PP'd color, do you folks calibrate your monitors? I know that can make a huge difference in how your final image appears. I have dual monitors at work and home. In both cases the monitors are slightly different models. Same make and size, but at work, for instance, I have one Dell Ultrasharp and one Dell generic. I can PP an image on one monitor until it looks good to me and then it will look a little desaturated on the other monitor. And I always find that images I've PP'd on my laptop at home and load to the web look overblown when I look at them from work.
I think that monitor calibration is very important. Most monitors these days aren't too horrible, but if you're is off it'll screw up everything that you do.

I've got a 24.1" NEC monitor that I calibrate monthly. I also try to keep the room relatively dark. My laptop also does a pretty good job, but I'm just lucky there. The laptop is way short of my NEC when it comes to brightness and contrast, but the color accuracy is amazingly good.

My office monitor is a Dell 24" monitor which is close to my NEC for color, but gets beaten pretty bad for brightness and contrast potential.
Dave