12-21-2007, 10:28 PM   #36
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbrokeagain View Post
So my plans to take the girl out to dinner in the city for Xmas eve (plus a few other things) keep getting tossed to the wind. I've checked into a few places down in Little Italy (trying to find a good Italian joint above all, might have to settle for something else), but all or most have last seating for 2 around 6PM...my girl doesnt get out of work til at least 6:30.

With Italians being Catholic and all (as am I), I can understand why they arent open late on the 24th...but there has to be a couple of spots open to 11 or so...anyone have an opinion? Ive already bumbed through Zagat and Google, but the returns are absurd and I cant get any decent freakin review to make it worth checking out....

I would rather not have to, but I've been to Peter Lugers and Ruth's Chris, but it just doesnt seem to fit the bill for the occaision...but if push comes to shove I can always fall back on one or the other.

Forget about Peter Lugers, mortons, ruth chris etc...over rated imho. If you wind up doing steak go to either Smith and Wolensky (my absolute favorite steak house I promise you will be blown away) or Sparks Steak both are incredible and much better than Mortons which in my opinion is crap as is ruth chris...and peter luger is not what it used to be.

Italian food...I don't know the hours on xmas eve but the best italian in little italy is: Da Nico on mulberry...and since it is xmas eve after dinner I would reco walking to Ferraras Pasticerie Shoppe down the block and having some pasteries and bringing some home for xmas day for the family.. a definite treat.

Hope this helps...merry xmas
07 E92 335i,Sport,I-drive,Cold Weather,Bluetooth,Beyern Mesh 19",M-Pedals,Rear Fogs,Gp Thunder,Carbon Roundels,Coming Soon JB2,Vorsteiner Decklid,OEM Aero LipRIP9/8/06-12/11/07 Gone but never forgotten
Appreciate 0