View Single Post
      11-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #18
jkas1984
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 320d m sport

car parts

Alrite mate

i have the m47n2 engine in mine and these are the problems i have had so far.

i bought the car at 100,000 not at 147,000

i bought a tuning box and it caused nothing but problems, car cutting out hesatation fuel pump warnings, they are a waste of money in my experience nothing but trouble.

i got rid of that and got it remapped for £300 and what a difference the car pulls like a train the difference is amazing, car is averaging 50 mpg and i drive it hard. so get it remapped asap.
it has been remapped for about 22,000 and i have had no problems. with the extra power the clutch was slipping so i got it replaced and this solved the next prob aswell.

i use to get clutch judder in 1st gear most of the time so i had the fly wheel and clutch changed,
on inspection it was the fly wheel that was shot and the clutch was hardly worn.

new clutch and fly wheel and no more problems i used a luk clutch kit.

i stripped my turbo to inspect it and it was fine, i replaced the bearings and seals when i was in there, it has done another 30,000 and is working fine.
i wouldnt worry to much as long as you change the oil every 10,000.

suspension,

all my shocks were leaking or worn so i replaced them with sachs oem and put eibach springs on. returned it back into the ultimate driving machine.

bushes

bushes at 100,000 will be done so i replaced front and rear,

rear sub frame bushes will start to knock and there are four they will need replaced.

there is a lower ball joint on the rear at the hub, it will need replaced you will know when it starts to knock or the wheel has play in it. i have replaced it twice now.

these are all wear and tear parts on all cars, it is just a cost of motoring and how hard you drive it

good luck with yours.
Appreciate 0