View Single Post
      06-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #11
bigbeemer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Msport auto

But a BMW is a and only a BMW. An Audi is a cross breed of a VW or a skoda or seat etc etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awfully_Polite View Post
I can only contribute in terms of the TTS which I have driven on many occasions and can directly compare it my 330i M Sport saloon.

Ride: Excellent, nice and tight and good flatness through cornering. Great stability, very confidence inspiring. Stiff suspension but well damped.

Cabin: Excellent, nicer materials to the touch, Looks a bit more classy and showy, definately looks like it will stand the test of time better than the BM.

Engine: It's raspy and eager, feels suited to the car. But ultimately it is only a 4 pot, albeit with F.I. Depending on how you drive it, coming from your 335i It'll prob suit you as nearly all the torque is fairly low down and hence if your shifting about 1-1.5k below redline then the powerband is nice and linear through the gears.

Economy: N/A

Obviously all the above is subjective, and we could discuss the looks of the TTS but you didnt request that.

In comparisson to the Straight 6 N/A engine, I think the TTS severly lacks here. the Audi produces driving enjoyment in a completely different way. The performance is there and without question its a quick and effective road tool and if your frills come from effecient quick driving then this is certainly a good choice. It will easily keep up with the BM and sometimes out perform it. But where the E90 excels in is steering feel, (if this is does exist anymore). The steering is much more meatier and weighted in comparison to the TTS light and very chuckable go karty feel. I find turn in is much sharper in the BM, allowing for better mid corner correction through steering inputs, I guess what im saying is the BM gives more feedback. When pushing on the straight 6 howls and aurally it is more involving, again mid corner, lines are easily chosen by throtlle response and the rear end can kick out with a sharp probe producing an almost sensory overload compared to the clinical ride of the TTS.

It all depends really on your driving style. If you asked me which car I would have I would choose mine, If you asked my friend which he would have he would say the TTS (he came from an 57plate S3), What I like most about his car, the cabin and excellent Dampers. What he likes most about mine..... That N/A Straight 6.

good luck with the car hunt.
Appreciate 0