View Single Post
      11-12-2005, 12:49 AM   #82
mc68386
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 330i 6MT

I used to think that we could get the real scoop on these boards, but now I'm not so sure. There wasn't a single mention on here about the possibility of a September update that allowed the owner to set DRL, auto locking, etc. BMW managed to keep that a secret until long after the new cars were being sold.
That has convinced me that any "privileged" info we see here is only here because BMW wants us to see it.
For each of these rumors (335 is a turbo / 335 is a 3.5 NA / etc) I figure either some hooligan has made it up for kicks, or BMW has "released" it to float the idea to enthusiasts and gauge the reaction.
My guess - the existence and architecture of the 335 has not been finalized by BMW. They are watching our reactions right now to see which way the winds are blowing. Hey BMW - if you make a 335, make it really expensive so I don't wish I had waited another year to get one instead of my 330.