View Single Post
      07-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #25
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Continue...

2. I thought the stage 1 code was less than $1999, did the dealer or Dinan shop rip the previous owner off?

A:That is what I thought as well, I am not sure why the charged him that much and I am going to call Dinan again and see if it is truely stage one or stage two, but the date kinda makes me think it was purchased pretty close to when it was released, I was not able to ask the previous owner why he was charged that much, but Dinan ran my vin and they told me that it was stage one

3. Why not take the car to the nearest Dinan shop, have it checked out, and make sure the code is loaded and the car is making the power it should. The Dinan warranty should be transferable on sale, the car thus has coverage from BMW and Dinan so if it's not running properly they have an obligation to fix it.

A: I will be going into a dealership locally that does work with Dinan, A Dina rep told me that they can plug in a OBDII and check if the software is loaded and if not I can send out my ECU and they will reflash it for me

You just got the car, why not be patient with things and see if you can be happy with a car that should be making 300+ RWHP with a full warranty before you put on the JB3 and toss those warranties away. It's one thing IMHO to choose a JB3 over Dinan on their respective merits, it's quite another to toss away a $2K tune paid for by the previous owner and the warranty that comes with it for the sake of another 30 or 40 HP.

A: I never said I was not happy with the software if it is loaded on it right now, I am just saying that overall my goals are looking for more then what the Dinan software offers without having to buy upgrades that are close to 500 for a tune that will not overall support all my mods that I will have in the future, I love being able to have a ECU flash with warranty, I am not trying to throw that away, just curious thats all.
Just my thoughts, feel free to disregard if you don't agree [/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0