View Single Post
      12-20-2011, 08:16 AM   #10
Shuke
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvpouldar26 View Post
As the owner of base (non-S) cayman, a modded one at that, The cayman is no competition to a 335i in the straight line, but that is not what it is meant for. The engine comes to life at around ~4K rpm and doesn't have the low end torque of the n54. However, as an overall package, there is no comparison in how much more fun the cayman is to drive. I agree with the different driving experience. Where the cars differ greatly is in their handling. If you're looking for a driver's car, you'll definitely be impressed with the cayman. For comparison's sake, i've even had a few modded e9x m3's have to work to keep up in some more technical driving "situations". My only complaint could be a lack in power......but that's it.
The 'S' or 'R' solve that. Both trap 110 mph+ and with PDK are a little quicker in gear. But yes, nothing else drives like the cayman/boxster. There's plenty of reason why they consistently win best driver's car awards and are the best driving car under 100K and even expanded to any price range they are some of, if not the best. Right there with the GTx Porsches, the best Ferrari's, and all exotics alike.
Appreciate 0