Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
adrean8j... Tell that to the thousands of people that woke up one morning and their BMW didn't start.... Ur just lucky... To me Engine of the year means that there are no problems with it...
I am just lucky? The question is,"Does the number of engines WITHOUT the problem number drastically greater than the number with the problem (greater than 85-90%). Is there ANY empirical data for that? I do not deny that the problem exists and I think it sucks for whoever it happens to. There was recently a poll on 1addicts of people who had or did not have the problem and the results were surprising in how many did NOT have the HPFP problem. So for me (without the problem) then engine is top notch. Like I said before drag, track, autoX, everyday driving it has been like a champ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
Dude.. engine of the year come on... If u want to know where the HPFP is google it... There are tons of pics online... The engine has problems... I love the car its just bothers me that the cars has people constantly complaining about it... But it wins engine of the year...
I know where it is at "dude"(kinda something I would need to know given my mod list and probable lack of warranty...just sayin')....the reason I said it is that we have to consider if the people giving the award consider it as part of the engine or extraneous to the engine.
Appreciate 0