07-27-2014, 03:57 AM   #13
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_M79 View Post
Also something just came to my mind,when replacing n54 injectors if they are the fairly new spec ones they have to be replaced as cylinder bank ie if you're replacing number 3 you'll have to change 1,2 and 3.Theres a tech bulletin on this.
all injectors on bank 1 were changed on mine as per bulletin.

Re my rocker cover crack the issue here was the fact they the car needed to be fairly warm to hot when pulling the thing apart to spot The main dealer missed it first time when we spotted a leak and I had the car in under parts warranty for a suspected rocker cover gasket issue(5 months since gen BMW gasket was installed)they stated 6 Ali tubes to sleeve the spark plug units were not supplied therefore gasket not covered, strange as their parts department supplied the parts and I used the various tech bulletins to prove they at the time it wasn't noted but now it is as the procedure has been amended, they still said no bit supplied me the gasket and 6 tubes free of charge and when we stripped the car down after pulling it out of the dealer we spotted the crack inspected and discovered the oil was contaminating both plugs and the injector!

Just my luck

Last edited by old grey steve; 07-27-2014 at 04:07 AM..
Appreciate 0