03-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #95
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkhan23 View Post
The Heat had help from David stern and the NBA refs in the 2012 finals
If David Stern are helping Lebron then he wouldn't go to the NBA Finals 3x and only win once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
Miami has a an impressive winning streak going, in the eyes of the NBA. However, I wonder if the top teams in the NBA had their top players in the starting lineup playing, would there even be a streak to talk about? Boston>KG, Rondo, Chicago<Rose, Indiana<Grainger, and well the Knicks are the Knicks-OLD. Like I said, there are so many bad team's in the NBA, the streak doesn't impress me at all. I don't think this Miami team would be able to win this many games, back in the 80s, and 90s. The league then was much more physical, Teams had very good players, all-star players, superstars, and dominant centers that challenged anyone driving in the middle. There were so many teams that could compete for a championship.The team that won really had to play tough, rough and not complain about calls. Rarely would you see a player " Flop." Referee would allow teams to get physical, but control the game.
I think you forgot that they also beat a healthy OKC, healthy Clippers, streaking Lakers, and healthy Grizzlies on their 23 win streak. You do know that the Celtics are playing better basketball without Rondo right? When Rondo went out the Celtics were below 500. Now they are above 500 with a nice playoff spot winning their last 11 home games (before the Heat beat them yesterday). The only top teams in the NBA the Heat didn't beat on their winning streak is the Spurs. I believe they will be playing them next week though.
Appreciate 0