Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335okc View Post
that's my biggest worries really. how can i tell everything is OK ? my thrust arm isn't bent, even slightly? would the bushing absorb the impact and get destroyed before my thrust arm bend?

Thanks to everybody for all the inputs/opinions/2cents!
Honestly I'd say your wheels and tires would take much more of the force than your suspension components from what I've seen. If you hit a bump hard enough to bend metal components like your thrust arms or your shocks, your wheels are likely bent or cracked, along with your tire being damaged. I suppose anything is possible when it comes to things like this but my suggestion would be just to get your wheels rebalanced or check the run out on them.

If you are concerned with arms being bent just take it to any shop that specializes in suspension components or even an alignment shop. They should be able to inspect everything visually and tell you if they notice any worn bushings or bent/broken parts. Getting an alignment is what I would also suggest, as doing this in combination with checking the wheels would be the cheapest and most cost effective way to make sure that nothing is 'out of place' so to speak.