View Single Post
      10-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #350
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
My car is so slow on track, I will be doing some data logging soon, but I suspect I have been running with barely any boost. The boost gauge (highjacked fuel indicator) shows it momentarily stabs 7psi then drops hard and can't maintain boost at full throttle in 3rd gear.

The worse is it's been like this for over a year, but is getting worse at each event. Only been troubling me that I can't keep up with ANY car on the straights, ha ha! I think at one point I gave 10 cars point bys on the back straight.

Either that or I am getting really sucky at track driving, which it very well could be.....in which case it would be time to retire.

Sure hoping it's the former
Bah you should tell me stuff like this. I had, and still do, diag cables for BMW, so we can pretty quickly determine any issues. Go run a WOT on your car and see if it complains. Then call me and we can diagnose it Or you can even borrow te cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
If you want the number to my mechanic who is a master BMW mechanic send me a pm.

He's got the full diagnostic computer that BMW has.

If you're turbo isn't working I have no idea why your computer wouldn't pop a fault code message. You tuned and the tune disables certain things from popping a code?
The tube does not erase ANY errors. Anything other than catalytic codes would grow a CEL. Even the crappy JB tunes do it (oh I'm setting myself up there haha)