12-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #104
M4LF
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
I am not on BMW side nor against Toyota. I would actually like all car manufacturers to offer greater and longer warranty to prove that their car is durable and will last long time. In which case BMW has superior warranty (4yr/50K) then Toyota (3yr/36K). Also, for what it is worth the original first owner of a new BMW cars has no worries as all maintenance and warranty is usually taken care of for first 4 years. According to research most new luxury car owners keep a car for 4-5 yrs and put on avg. any where between 10K-12K miels on their cars per year.

Anyways, I would love to see BMW offer 100K warranty like KIA. However, I am not holding my breath for it....
Let's not compare Toyota warranty with BMW warranty.

In the luxury car segment, BMW has the worst POWERTRAIN warranty: 4 years or 50k miles, same as Audi and Mercedes Benz.

LEXUS, Acura, and Cadillac has the best POWERTRAIN warranty in the luxury segment, 6 YEARS or 70K miles. Heck even Infiniti (5/70k) offer better warranty than BMW.

With regard to maintenance for the first 4 years, for most new cars all you need is oil changes, brake fluids, wipers, and a couple filters. Nothing to write home about.

I'm planning on keeping my Lexus longer than 5 years hence I passed on the BMW this time around. Sucks since the BMW would have been much cheaper for me. Hopefully next time BMW can figure out how to build more reliable cars. I would love to jump back in one again. But for now, no thank you.

Last edited by M4LF; 12-26-2012 at 12:10 AM..
Appreciate 0