View Single Post
      01-18-2006, 09:53 AM   #12
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

My dad put all the rental into the family trust, and I am the guardian for my generation, so I get to see all the BS with tenants. It's unfortunate, because a lot of people who live in rentals just have no spare income at all, so they will pinch that buffalo until it bleeds. My dad tries to be nice, but after a few late months, he lets them know the next time they will get a 3 day notice and be out. Luckily for him, he is an attorney, so filling out the paperwork can now be done in his sleep.
On the washer delivery, did you ask the tenant when was a good time to deliver the item? Some of them do not have the luxury of sitting around the house waiting for a delivery guy who is supposed to arrive between noon and 4, they need to be at work to make the money to pay you your rent on time.

What really gets me about rental units is just HOW the people live there. I know, it's not theirs, so there is no pride of ownership. But come on, you still have to LIVE there. There's mold growing halfway up the window, the floor is sinking and rotting since you didn;t call about the leak under the sink, and there are WEEKS of trash with $#itty DIAPERS in it!!!!
I've been a material witness on discussions of the return of deposits after damages were repaired. I think I've been summoned 3 times. And each time I've only had to say 3 words, once each time, "Yes, your honor."
Appreciate 0