View Single Post
      03-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #50
blown07
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by igzekyativ View Post
removing the front driveshaft had no impact on the shudder.

i unplugged the transfer case actuator motor and perceived a 80-90% reduction in shudder, so I thought the motor needed to be replaced.

I started another thread looking for assitance with the transfer case reset, which I still need to do for the new motor (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1234873). "To access it in INPA, go to E90 -> Transmission -> Gearbox / DXC VGSG. You should be able to default code it with NCS-Expert and calibrate it with INPA. Hope that helps, good luck."

I am brand new to coding, so a bit weary. Not really sure how to "default code it with NCS-Expert" or "calibrate it with INPA"
I heard you cannot use INPA in any way to do this so I had to setup DIS V57 on my laptop which took several days.
If you stop and think how the transfer case works then what you're saying concerns me about the internals of your transfer case. Without the front drive shaft on you should not feel anything regardless of where the motor actuator is because the TC is not transmitting any torque other than turning the internal TC gears which shouldn't amount to anything at low speeds. What codes are you getting again?

335xi FBO,Meth,JB4,Sutphin flash,VTT stage1 11.38 1/4 - 7.30 1/8th - 3.35 0 to 60 @ 0C
Appreciate 0