View Single Post
      03-11-2016, 10:50 PM   #44
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e92 N54 A/T

Originally Posted by einserM View Post
It's doable, but the lowest load column is 13, which the car is under when on full decel (also turns injectors off on decel so no added fuel). Playing around I set the target AFR to 9.99 and the timing to -10.00 in the 13 load column from 7000 down to 2000 (these cells are not touched during normal driving). On very light throttle application on decel it runs down this column and sounds much more prominent than stock, but not like the PPK tune I've heard.

Do you need to press the throttle lightly to make it do it on the PPK tune? If not they must not be shutting off the injectors on decel. Usually there are injector shutoff timers you can increase to achieve this (eg after lift off delay injector closing for 5000msec will give you crackles/pops for that time), but with so few tables available in the roms we have very little control (no injector control, no launch maps or 2-step launch boost control, no VE tables, no ECU controlled flex fuel, the list goes on). Many other cars have fully unlocked ECU tables and even custom roms with tables the stock ECU never even had allowing things like this and more but BMW aftermarket tuning support and table definitions is sadly years behind at the moment.

EINSER M posted the above. Adding him in here