11-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateLurker View Post
Sorry about my horrible title grammar. Do R-Compound tires hold straight line accelerating traction significantly better than a high performance summer tire of the same size? I ask this because I am beginning to experience the effects of too much power on straightline acceleration in 2-3 and 3-4 gear with the new vishnu aggressive maps. I currently run Falken FK-452's that are at the wear indicators and want to know if its beneficial to step up to Falken's RT-615K or if I'm wasting money and sacrificing durability. Also if you have any other model tires for increased straight line grip.
Good question. I was spinning even on the 4-5 shift at around 125mph at Willow Springs two weeks ago. I have the Procede with meth, etc and running 19" Nitto Invo's. I don't think R compound tires will do you any good until they are warmed up and that's not really controllable for daily driving. Since you have the Procede, why don't you try adjusting the traction control threshold a bit? That's what I'm going to try next.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0