07-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #14
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonicdriver View Post
MMMMmmmmmmmmmm over one hundred thousand officers in the Uk and when one does something newsworthy all coppers are wankers. Yes he looks to be a bit of a knob (Im not sure because like you lot I havent seen the actual facts), I have known a few idiots in the force myself but I also know plenty of plumbers, electricians, businessmen, actors, and bmw drivers who are complete twats. It dont make all of them such though does it????????
On the other side I know a hell of a lot of officers who are committed to the job and who I have personally seen putting others first. One of my colleagues was beaten almost to death with a hammer while trying to protect a young football fan from a crowd of opposing fans. Two others were killed, one shot by the IRA and the other gunned down in cold blood by an armed robber who had shot him and then casually walked over and shot him again in the face while he lay disabled on the floor.
Over 4000 of them have lost their lives in the line of duty since 1829.
Maybe they were all wankers as well?
As always, there are two sides to every story.

I think I have made my view sort of clear, which is a lot like the above really... A percentage of everyone, in every profession, are wankers.

Of the 4000 that have lost their lives, a percentage were probably killed because they were involved in something they shouldn't have been.

I don't doubt your a good guy and your mates too, I'm especially sad to hear you have lost people you knew. On the other hand, this article could be more about the fact that police quality is undoubtedly going down.

The level of literacy amongst police is minimal, the level of commitment too. Policing is not the 24x7 vocation that it once was and many clock off without giving a fuck what happens five mins after their shift.

I left because I became so, so disillusioned with the bitching, backstabbing, beaurocracy and bullshit because WYP was an unhealthy place for progressive and modern thinking.

Just my thoughts. As I said, two sides to every story and I don't blame you for defending your choice and your mates.

Matt
Appreciate 0