View Single Post
      07-15-2009, 09:31 PM   #27
cincy335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saph 335i coupe 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy335i View Post
Great info...thanks for clarifying and taking the time, money and energy to conduct these tests and explain to us in laymens's terms. Looking forward to the next batch of maps, firmware and custon tune documentation.

So do you think that with running the midwest best 94 octane that we could actually lower the timing advance % to say around 50-70% and avoid knock (making more power)? it is just a question to if you think that would work, knowing that it would be best to leave it at 100%, please don't roast me over it. LOL Anyways thanks again...great work!

So Shiv, do you think it is possible or should I say semi-safe to avoid knock at these percentages (ignition correction %) running 94 octane? Thanks, keep up the great work.
Performance |PROcede V5|Stett CAI|UUC/Corsa Exhaust|AA Intercooler|RPI Scoops|Stett Charge Pipe w/Forge DV's|UUC Evo3 SSK/DSSR|Mod CDV Style |Aero Lip|Aero rear|Aero Spoiler|M-Tech Side Skirts|Black Calipers|Black Grille|Black Shadow emblem|Black Vinyl Wrapped Window Trim|35%Tint|Tinted Tails|Style 230 19"rims|Lux H8'sTech |Nav|Cold Weather|Premium|Comfort Access|Sport|
Appreciate 0