Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e60oholic View Post
Okay after seeing pictures of the insides of the mufflers in the first link below I think I want to try this. The right side muffler has 2 pipes with holes, and the left has 2 but has a mini cat. So do I leave the mini cat or cut that out too?
In the video where they did it to the M3 exhaust they only welded one pipe on each side but they didnt open up the whole thing... Post 22. But from what I found the other pipes on the outside part they didnt cut open were solid to begin no holes at all.

My girlfriend is a pretty good welder and she has one so wtf lets give it a try right? Quick question tho would stock mufflers from a e90 fit my e92? My friend has the PE with his old mufflers laying around that I could possibly that do the mod then fit to my car. Or I could drop the whole exhaust and drive around with nothing lol.
You can put the e90 mufflers onto an e92. The tips might be a bit recessed so take care of that while aligning things before installing it.

I was too lazy to read what's going on in this thread, but I recall the M3's had a setup where it was basically a muffler bypass that still maintained the helmholtz section to combat drone, something leads me to believe the PE could be a similar setup, but with a perforated section and a tiny bit of packing material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post
I wish I had a girlfriend that could weld.
LOL I thought I was the only weirdo who was thinking this while reading that post

If I did I would even have her cut open my PE for you guys haha.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0