View Single Post
      03-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #104
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Mustang/Dynojet equivalence depends on the Mustang's parasitic loss file as well as if it is run in 'simulated inertia' mode or not. Depending on these variables, the difference between the two dynos can range from as low as 8% to as much as 20%. We do plenty of same day comparisons between the in-house MD and the Dynojet at DNR. We encourage you to do the same
Keep up the smoke and mirrors Shiv, keep it up. I wrote an entire post and you grabbed the ONE thing could might be able to spin, the dyno difference. Not the fact that you are claiming you broke pump gas records with no meth and never posted them. I already broke my rule of one post. But you have my number, my email, just let me know when you want to get the BBQ and head to head done, and as long as the tuning is finished. We can take it to ANY dyno you wish. With all that said, this is not personal at all, just keep things factual and we are good. Happy Easter man. Thank you for helping Jonah with the stage 2 tune, I appreciate it.

Too everyone else, Happy Easter guys, I hope you don't mind if I stay out of the forum BS for a while. I just don't have the energy to do it over and over. Small update, the car hasn't reported a single issue, not a CEL, not a limp, nothing in 2-3 weeks of DD driving around the bay area, and some very hard driving as well. I will be installing an EGT probe pre turbo before we tune for big power, this in my mind 100% needed. Our in house gauge is a dual boost and EGT and we believe they are both equally important, EGT can tell you so much about what a certain set up is doing. We use EGT probes and gauges from an aircraft gauge company that has an EGT response the blows away anything I have ever seen in an automotive application. When we tested them, our gauge was already coming back down after lifting and the other gauges were still going up. The EGT in my truck can actually swing faster then the boost gauge sometimes, thats how sensitive it is. As far as I am concerned an EGT in a DP is a waste of time, you want the prob as close to the exhaust valve as physically possible. So Shiv please make sure to let us know your EGT probe location when providing EGT numbers.

Last edited by Tony@vargasturbotech; 03-31-2013 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0