View Single Post
      02-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
pikoy1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i coupe

Thumbs down Hope you wont get this... from a service center down south

This is my latest experience. I might be starting a blog for everytime i bring my car in for service - something happens everytime.

here is my story: an email back to the service manager.

I am also greatful that the company is trying to get in touch with their customers. Unfortunately, the problem i have did not get fixed. I was told this is a known issue and the company does not cover this type of issues.

I brought my car in for a check since the water jet in the hood is not functioning properly. It does not spurt water the way it should be. After I was told it was ok... drove out; while on US 1 i noticed its still not working. I brought it back. When i got back, I was told of what the problem was.... at this point, i was also told this is not covered under warranty and BMW knows of the problem. What happened to the 4 years of warranty, maybe i did not look at the fine print? As i write this email, the water jet that i came in for, is not working at all. Its not spurting anything.

I also asked to have the engine OIL replaced, when i checked it... was already really dark, but was told i still have 4,000 miles to go. I asked if it can be changed as I will be out of the country for two months and would not like to leave that dirty oil in. I was told that yes it can be changed for the price of 260 plus USD. But will change the filter since its due.

I am not a mechanic, but I always change my OIL and filter together. And My old car company did also.

When i did my reservation, i explained that i need a loaner. The lady that took my reservation, politely explained the rules... if not two hours then "no". I said ok. But she will reserve one - just in case. When i got there and asked... there was none available.

Thank you for replacing my wipers though. They are working perfectly.

Hope to hear anything from you. Thank you again.

--- On Thu, 2/5/09, South BMW <BMWAppointments@southbmw.com> wrote:
Subject: Status of your car
To: , Dxx.wxxxxx@southbmw.com
Date: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 3:33 PM

We are grateful that you have recently serviced your vehicle with us and simply wish to insure that you were delighted with all aspects of your service experience. On the rare occasion that we have fallen short of gaining your complete satisfaction, please respond to this email using the subject "Need contact". We will respond promptly.

Thank you,

Cxxxx Dxxxx,
Service Manager
South Motors
Appreciate 0