12-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #5
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerSD
Actually, i brought up the same concerns with my detailer. he says it depends on how the brush is used...

if one uses it very gently, sweeping say areas of 2x2 with heavy dipping into the soap bucket, that method outperforms washmitts in terms of avoiding swirls. comments?
My comments are: use what works for you. If a boars hair brush works for you, awesome. For me, sheepskin works. Maybe ask this question on Autopia and you'll get a more varied set of responses, although if I had to guess the overwhelming majority are going to mirror what I said above.

Edit; funny story. I get a PM over at Autopia, its from a detailer in San Diego who I have a ton of respect for, does excellent work. He says to me that he uses boars hair brushes and loves it; just goes to show if you have the technique down that it will far outweigh the tools you use as long as the tools are high quality. I personally like mitts, but definitely admit they break down very quickly (as few as 10 washes in some cases), so if a boars hair brush works for you, as I mentioned, by all means use one.

Last edited by picus; 12-01-2006 at 10:15 PM..
Appreciate 0