View Single Post
      10-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #15
TANDEEP
Tanda129
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d se

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
you can swap clusters but to code them you will have to modify the VIN of the new cluster to match car's VIN.
this can not be done by coding/programing. you will have to open the cluster, find a certain EEPROM, de-solder it, read its content with an EEPROM reader, modify the VIN and mileage, solder it back to PCB, install the cluster in car, and now you will be able to code it based on your car's options (VO).

Its better to swap clusters from same car type, gasoline to gasoline and diesel to diesel to avoid further complications.
hi guys

just an update, bought sme same model diesel clusters, had freind located the eprom chip and read the chip on mine and swapped the info to new used cluster, all is well but now there is a digital line missing very faintly and the rpm and mpg dial is not pressed down correctly on cluster and mpg is not reaching the top line on the mpg guage, i guess it needs allignin, damn wish i never touched the dials

by the way i got part refund from bimmian for the needles and also found out they were cheap chinese replica needles which is why the they wouldnt fit correctly, wot a cock up....so fed up
Appreciate 0