SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgoat View Post
Thanks for one more successful download...
Another successful update here, also with a '11 335is:

Name:  nav_update_800x.jpg
Views: 1325
Size:  78.9 KB

I bought the FSC code from Sergej yesterday which took around an hour turnaround time. I then starting downloading the torrent, which took about 8-10 hours total, and ordered a Sandisk 32GB flash drive from Amazon for $19.99. I have Prime 2-day free shipping but sometimes things get delivered the next day, so I was happy to see it was on the truck for delivery today. It took an hour to copy the 21.2GB worth of files from my PC to the USB drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMcCo View Post
Thankfully, the process is much simpler than that DIY.

The file that is available on the torrents, once download is completed, will contain 1 folder (called pkgdb) and a file called config.nfm

I simply copied that folder and file onto a formatted (fat32 in my case) 32gb flash drive.

In terms of installation, I inserted the USB drive into the glovebox USB port and powered up the car (accessory mode or car start). I did accessory mode, but turned off climate fan/angel eyes and auto headlights to minimize battery drain.

Once the Nav has booted, a screen will pop up telling you a navigation update is available and asks if you want to upgrade. Hit 'yes' and it will prompt you for the FSC code. Once a valid code is entered, it will transfer the upgrade files to the hard drive (took me about 30 minutes - so much faster than the DVD's!). After the upgrade, it will ask you to reboot the system. Hit OK and your CiC goes dark and boots back up with the applied Nav update.

If for any reason the process is interrupted, it will pick up where you left off next time you power it up. No need to enter the FSC code more than once.
I followed these instructions and it worked exactly as described. Initially I was a little concerned because it kept showing 0% for longer than I was comfortable with then it suddenly went to 9.4% and then incremented steadily in 0.1% increments.

I went in to eat dinner when the update was at 68%. The car went to sleep while I was eating dinner. I went back out, hit the start button, it took a minute or so to recognize that the USB drive was still in the port then it again asked if I wanted to upgrade. I selected OK and the status went to 97%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Dump View Post
Another successful upgrade here. Got my FSC code from Sergej (like others, very fast service, *very* reasonably priced, worked perfectly). Copied the files over (which took about 40 minutes on my PC because of the file sizes) turned the ignition on, plugged in the flash drive to the USB port in the glovebox and about 30-45 seconds after the iDrive booted up the message came on the screen saying there was a navigation update available. Select 'start update' and off you go. As others have mentioned, this method is *much* faster than using the DVDs.

iDrive needs to reboot once it's done. If you go right in and look at the navigation version on the screen immediately after the reboot it might be blank. This is normal. Let the car go to sleep and then start it up again and run it and it should show the correct 2013 version.
Once it hits 100% it pauses for a minute or so and then says that it needs to restart. Click OK and iDrive will restart, Nav will restart. I pressed and held the Start button to shut everything off, then pressed it again and when everything came back up again I selected Nav, then Options/Software Version and it showed the screen above.

Thanks to everyone that made the files available, for the e-mail address and feedback about Sergej, and for the great instructions! It couldn't have gone smoother!

Appreciate 0