View Single Post
      12-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
Fester
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Porsche 911 (991) 4S

Pls help with the decision !

Have 2007 e92 335i for 6 yrs- got major recall items fixed (fuel pump etc)....it's in perfect form that any e92 335i could be..babied it, garage kept, dealerships maintained, no dings /scratches...but darn... It's resale value has dropped like a rock! I paid almost $60K in Nov 2006 (all options other than adaptive cruise control...loaded car with clear bra etc)...now it's value is hardly $26K! folks showing interest in this car have essentially been wasting my time...I've my new car coming (Porsche 911 "991" 4S) in about a month-which I plan to use as a daily driver!

I need help with the decision whether or not its wise to sell this car or rather keep it? I'm ok with regular service and maintenance costs but not sure if there's going to be a big ticket item related to reliability of this car that's really going to hurt me...anything over $3K for example in next 5-10 yrs? If I keep it, I'd keep it as a backup car, would drive it even less (only got 39K miles in over 6 yrs!!) and probably give it to my son when he turns 16 in 5 yrs.

I do have emotional attachment with it and throwing it in exchange for pennies is hurtful

Help!