View Single Post
      07-16-2010, 06:10 PM   #44
nbkkvv5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
This was my recent experience. I had a flat (I have non-rft). I inflated the tire with the Conti Kit and it did not hold air. I tried it again using the sealant. Still did not hold air. Called BMW assist and they sent a tow truck. They were supposed to tow me to the nearest dealer (BMW Manhattan) but instead I had him tow me to the tow companies garage which was about 4 blocks from BMW Manhattan. I purchased a new tire from them and had them install it. There was no issue with the TPMS. If you do go the non-RFT route I would recommend getting AAA or some other roadside assistance in addition to BMW assist. BMW assist will only tow you to the nearest dealer if you do not have a spare tire and you may not always be very close to a BMW dealer.

CA
I've heard other stories about sealant not doing what they claim to do. I'm thinking the best way for me is to buy a regular alloy wheel (on special) from tire rack and be done with it. The loss of trunk space does not bother me (wife has suv) but I think the extra 50+ lbs in the trunk will slow me down a bit.
Appreciate 0