View Single Post
      08-03-2010, 06:33 PM   #18
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
Attached is pics of my install with the custom speaker cover on As you say Oem works

Glad your Bit One works, and i'll let the guys at AudioAdvice know that they you can set up a sound system properly whereas clearly they can't
Only kidding - you like your system, you're happy and you've taken umbridge to my questions, i apologise. I was only genuinely asking after i'd recently been through the process and discarded the BitOne as not as good as Cleansweep. And having issues. FWIW - my system is Focal amp, Focal KRX speakers upfront and Cleansweep. Opted out of the Berylliums because the HU is not good enough sonically. The Focal Amp is the limited edition which stores 5 presets (set up via laptop) in the car and the sub control. It's not bad

Did you do any work on the power supply? I installed 2 extra batteries under the pedals to ensure the power to the amp was constant.?

Just to be clear nothing negative meant : Nice work

I wasn't taking umbrage! Was just replying - apologies if my post came across abruptly! I had heard about people having problems with the Bit One - and one of the big ones seemed to be the setup of the unit in communicating with the PC. I found no issues with it so far, so perhaps I've just got a 'good one'. Every dealer and audio professional has their own opinion on equipment - at the end of the day if the sound is good then that's all that matters!

I love the Focal speakers - I wanted to use them but found the depth issue too much work to work around in the limited door cavity of the E92. Also the KRX line in either the 2-way or 3-way setup only has a 6.5" bass unit available, which is too large to go into the door in an OEM style without some seriously major reworking of the door pods. It would have been lovely to use the No5 Utopias, but like you the HU is just not good enough, and I'd have spent over double what I already have! Your A-pillar builds look great - probably look larger in the picture than they do in reality??

I used to use a pair of Focal 5WS mini bass units in a previous car - brilliant. Haven't yet heard the new Focal amp - can imagine it must be pretty good.

I haven't as yet added any additional power supply - the problem being that the BMW ECU monitors the battery performance and I'd need to reconfigure the programming so it doesn't throw a fit when two batteries are installed. Too complicated for its own good!
Appreciate 0