01-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #238
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSM View Post
Sorry to post in this thread guys, just seems to be a lot more info about coding on the e90 section than the 1 addicts section. I'm a long time lurker on both forums but have just signed up today.

I've got some facelift celis led taillights being delivered shortly for my E87 120d, was just wondering if there was anybody who knew how to code the taillights so only the celis lights lit up like the vehicles that are fitted with them from out of the factory.

I'm guessing these vehicles codes are along the same lines as the e9x chassis.

I am from Purfleet in Essex, I see there are a couple of members also from Essex, any help would be very much appreciated

Many thanks guys

1 Series coding is very similar to 3 series coding.

Retrofitting LCI rear lights on 1 series is not as easy as fitting on 3 series.
You'd require:
1- Re-arranging the cables in the rear light clips (or you can buy adaptor from stealers).
2- Running additional wire from FRM (light module) to LCI rear lights to power LED strip. Or German hack is to get the wiring from license plate LEDs. See details here and here.

When you are done with step 1 & 2, then you would require coding.

If you are REALLY determined, then it is not that hard. When and if you are done with step 1 & 2 and if there are any errors on your dashboard, give me a shout and I will code your car.