Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
Not offensive as i can't tell how you mean it. But in my opinion, at least ill informed. IMHumbleO.

Do you meet a lot of fake ass asylum seekers?
How do you know they are fake ass?
How do you know they are asylum seekers?
What criteria do you use to assess both?

What i find it interesting as that as an immigrant yourself, you seem to have quite a strong opinion towards fake ass asylum seekers as you put it (although maybe you are adversely affected in someway and so it's justified to some respect - i don't know at this stage). But do you have the same opinion towards EU "economic" migrants? Either way kinda proves the point i made about immigrants attitude towards those "in the door" after them is often worse than those who are indigenous. (eg Aus)

Everyone experiences racism. It's a fact or human nature. We're inherently programmed to be prejudiced (in the true sense of the word). We tend to what we know and have experienced. It's safety thing. It's how we act with self-awareness i think is key. But having experience racism, doesn't justify racist attitudes whether solely expressed, or acted upon. I don't mean that to sound sanctimonious or patronising (i've tried to phrase it better), it's just in reply to your comment about having experienced racism as some sort of justification.

About your questions, obviously you're trying to find out if I do the stereotype thing or "sweeping generalization"...and yes, I do tend to generalize sometimes...

Do you meet a lot of fake ass asylum seekers? No, haven't met any "officially" ....so how do I know there are lots of them?...do I have any stats? or proof?...No, like I said, I make my judgement on what I see...Having spent a short time working as an estate agent, I'm out of the office quite a lot....meet different people everyday...being a foreigner, i've met other foreigners aswell... my experience is just by "being on the streets and meeting people". Not good enough you might say...up to you.

I'm not going to go into the details.

Up to you, if you believe that there are not many fake ass asylum seekers around and everything is fine. We'll just have to disagree.

You keep mentioning the Australians v/s indigeneous people?...I got no idea what you're trying to say? ( Not being rude, but seriously I have no idea what you're implying?)

Not the first time on this forum where members have branded my posts "racists" ...so it's either I'm not being clear with what I write or I am a racist! which is it then????
Appreciate 0