View Single Post
      04-25-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

My Pre PCD Experience

With everyone getting their cars, I'm feeling kind of left out of the mix. I guess my psyche got the best of me last night when I had a dream about my upcoming PCD. Let me share it wiith all of you.

The dream starts out the day before our arrival at the Performance Center. When we get to the airport for our flight from NY to Charlotte, NC, we're told that there was equipment trouble on our scheduled flight but they had brought in another plane.

When we finally arrive in Charlotte (don't ask about the flight), I was expecting to be picked up by a beautiful 5 series or similar prestige BMW. When this clunker pulled up, I couldn't believe my eyes!

OK, at least it limped along and after several times of having to get out and push, we arrived at the Greenville Marriott. I don't know where other guests of PCD stayed, but this was just not how I pictured the hotel.

So, it wasn't the Ritz Carlton or the Four Seasons, but the open air lobby was nice. We freshen up a bit and go down to dinner. We've heard how great the food was. I guess everyone has different tastes, but for us, this meal was not quite up to our expectation.

After 3 bottles of Pepto and frequent visits to the restroom during the night, PCD Day finally arrives! Yeah! We decided to skip breakfast after experiencing last night's dinner and catch the shuttle to the Performance Center. I thought it was close by to the hotel but the ride was much longer. After 2 1/2 hours, we pull up to this building and I just shake my head in disbelief. Not exactly a modern architectural wonder.

Anyway, we're not here for the building. We're here to pickup my new 328i.
I swear we must have passed through a time portal because it just didn't look like the car in the brochures. I was assured that it was a BMW 328 and since I had already paid for it 2 weeks ago, it was mine. Mmmm...AW w/coral red does look good!

Donnie and Jonathan happened to be off that day, I was hoping that I could get to meet them since they have been very helpful on the forum. When this guy showed up, it looked like he was born here, being the same age as the Performance Center building.

Everyone has mentioned that one of the best experiences at the Performance Center has been the hot laps that they get to do in the M5. We were offered a ride as well, and I'm glad that we survived.

After the hot lap, I guess it really shook me because I woke up and missed going to the Zentrum and factory tour.

I think tonight, I'm going to sleep with the lights on. Because tomorrow, I'll be leaving for PCD for real!
Appreciate 0