View Single Post
      04-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #12
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
You might want to take a search on ELV on the forum. There's a lot of information pertaining to this. I had the problem last August that started with a yellow warning. With that I was able to get the car started after a jiggle or two on the wheel. Then it came up red and try as I may I couldn't get it to do anything. I locked and left the car for a while and it started up straightaway. However, since it had occurred more than three times in as many days I had the dealership look at it. They replaced a sensor on the steering column (some people have reported that the solution requires replacing the whole steering column).

Hope you get it fixed pronto. My SA said it's a known problem that need rectification quickly because it's a safety issue. (Her words).
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0