mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer
Update:
Got the MS8 and now being offered the Jehnerts XE200 + spacers + Alpine PDX 4.100 for £300.. that means I need to find a 2 way kit but what is decent at £150??

The other choice was stick to getting HERTZ ESK163L 3 way comp but as this only comes with 6.5" underseats, I'm being skeptical as to whether it'll be a good enough sound...

I've picked up a JL 10w7 + a full boot install and therefore will have a good level of bass..

Will getting the Jehnert XE200 8" be a bit of an overkill too (as was the case with SWS) given that I'll have the 10w7 in the boot or could I simply do with the Hertz 3 way com set which comes with the 6.5" underseats?

My concern is if I get the Jehnerts + this Alpine PDX 4.100 from a friend who's kindly offering me a great price, I'll be looking at £150-£220 for a 2 way set which equates to around £520 on a set of 3 way comps and an Alpine PDX 4 chn Amp..

Is it me or that quite expensive?

The hertz ESK 163L comes in a grand total of £220 ish and includes (1", 4" and 6.5")
£300 is a good deal for the jehnerts and pdx. However maybe someone else can comment about noise issues of the older pdx series, im sure there was an issue with them. Also, are you not going to amp your centre then?

£520 is not bad: New Jehnerts are £250 plus new Morel DO @ £225, then add an amp and you will go way over £520!

The Jehnerts will not be overkill if you have a sub. It's not a sub!

If you're not too keen on them, you can keep your existing OEM mid bass drivers and get a 2 way comp set and install your sub. If you feel that there's nothing missing in your music then thats fine.
Appreciate 0