View Single Post
      09-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
phillip@bmpdesign
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

While I am not a lawyer, or have more than average dealings with the judicial system, I understand a little of how the court works.

More or less, they really don't care, whatever reasons you have, whatever exceptions you have, whatever pictures you have, they don't care. They will see it as the officer that they entrust with the power to issue these citations felt like you deserved the citation and that is enough for them. You could have justified, empirical evidence proving your innocence without a shadow of a doubt, but unless it also proves that whoever wrote the citation could not possibly be at fault, they are not going to care. Even if it does prove that that person is incompetent, they are not going to care because they are one of thousands in their judicial machine and its not worth the time or effort to check it out. You are 1 of thousands of tickets issued that week.

I'm not sure how much your time is worth, and I believe that everyone should do what they believe is right and fight for that as long as they want, but I would just pay the ticket, let them win, and move on with your life. It sucks, and its not fair, but once again...they really don't care. Also, the court doesn't work for free, if you want to continue the legal process, expect a bill.
Like us on facebook!
Appreciate 0