Thread: F30 328i
View Single Post
      07-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
Sandwich_Dan
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Ex-E92 335i

Regarding the engine note, I've moved from a 335i to a Golf GTD - I just use the stereo a lot more now.

As far as finding an excuse to move away from BMW goes, I can supply many after the experience I had with my 335i, the dealer that sold it to me and BMW customer services. Even forgetting all of that, if you can get over the stigma of apparently downgrading (most people don't realise that my brand new GTD cost significantly more than I paid for the 3 year old 335i) you'll find there are a lot of cars out there that could easily replace a 3 series, especially if you open up your mind a bit - I considered all sorts of things including the obvious competitors like a C-class or A4 to the slightly less so like the XC60, GS450h and Guilietta. In the end the Golf rides better, has more toys, feels just as well made and is actually more fun to throw around a corner even though it's FWD (I had an MX-5 and an RX-8 before the 335i so I've already had far more appropriate sideways machinery to get it out of my system).