Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Funny story.

Glad you will make it this Friday.

BTW I won't need my tires this Friday. Please leave them in your garage. I will pick them up either this Thursday evening or Saturday morning.
Ok. Thursday or Saturday then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
So I watched my videos.

On Saturday I was lapping 1:31 on short track on a fast lap. I only recorded one session
On Sunday, I recorded 4 sessions out of the 7. My fast laps were 1:27, but most "no traffic" laps were at 1:29 and 1:30.
On the last session (Pace car, mock rolling start... followed by half track yellow, then all green) I was able to do 5 consecutive 1:26 laps.

I am not pleased with myself with my first ever roling start. I should have started in 2nd gear ... I didnt think we would be so slow on the front straight while waiting for the Green to drop. Starting in 3rd was not optimal. I was able to keep my position 6th for a few laps before being passed by a GT3RS.
Consistent times for the first time out this year and all the chaos we had.

My first 2 sessions were fun as I was learning my car dynamics. On my 3rd and 4th session I started to feel a little more comfy behind the wheel and was able to start picking off the cars on the pit straight. I spotted you and was catching up but you pitted early due to brakes I think. No lap timing this time out for me.

The M3 does not feel as fast as the 335, but boy does it carry momentum. I hardly had to brake. Even wear on the tires as well. Antoine, you have to get to a square setup. I hope the pads are wearing more evenly now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
Antoine you're rocking it at Calabogie! Those are great times!

Joel, a powerful rear wheel drive is much more difficult and challenging to reach it full potential but also more rewarding.

Anyone can drive an Awd fast but a rear wheel drive requires way more skill.

When I brought my S4 to Tremblant last year I was amazed at how easy and fast it was with all nannies off. I'm sure with a few more track days, better tires and better brakes I can get that nice 2 minute mark at Tremblant that I hit with the M.
The smile factor on my face is awesome. I cant wait for Friday at LCMT.

Tires my friend will get you your 2 minutes.